We are looking for a passionate and creative Concept Artist to join our new studio in Vienna. You are responsible for developing the overall visual style of studio projects, creating a various range of key art illustrations, environment concepts, character concepts, matte paintings, sketch boards and UI assets. You have excellent illustration skills and the ability to create a variety of marketing materials to support the game’s brand together with our publisher.
- … enjoy working with a complementary team of professional designers, artists, and programmers throughout all stages of development.
- … deliver concept art for characters, environments and props.
- … together with the rest of the team shape our game worlds with art supported lore.
- … deliver concept support for design so the team has an easier time understanding specifications.
- … create illustrations for user interfaces.
- … review external art submissions, do paint-overs and communicate professionally on what to improve.
- … support the game’s publisher with marketing art work.
- … help define the visual direction for upcoming pitches.
- … work closely with game designers to optimize overall player experience.
- … identify flaws in the game itself and clearly communicate them and try to solve them as professionally as possible.
- … enjoy coming to work, have fun and craft outstanding game experiences.
- … a concept artist with 2+ years of experience in the games industry.
- … a person with a strong art foundation and an industry leading understanding of color theory, value structure and lighting fundamentals.
- … keen on character and environment concept art.
- … interested in matte painting techniques and speed painting.
- … following video game trends and you want to push games you work on to the next level.
- … an expert in industry standard 2D applications such as Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator.
- … a personality that is motivating and inspiring to work with, described as open-minded, purposeful, respectful, and highly motivated.
- … a person who has a passion for bringing new ideas to the studio, a drive for teamwork, and engagement to become a better artist over time.
- … self-motivated and you have a strong creative identity, lots of imagination, and holistic concept art skills.
- … highly organized and you have a very detail-oriented approach to your work.
- … extremely dedicated for crafting amazing gaming experiences for PC and Console.
- … able to work in the EU (EU work permit).
Besides being an awesome person it would be a big plus if you also have…
- … a strong understanding of 3D applications such as Zbrush, Maya.
- … a basic understanding of motion graphic software such as After Effects and Premier.
- … Unreal engine 4 experience.
- … a strong interest in pop culture and all kinds of other entertainment trends.
- … experience in working with SCRUM and for you a stand-up, retrospective, or review meeting, represent an integral part of improving processes and products.
We are offering…
- … that you will become part of an incredibly experienced, talented and creative team of professional developers.
- … a competitive salary (14 times a year!)
- … 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year.
- … flexible working times that fit your needs.
- … a winning bonus package upon success.
- … an environment that lets you create outstanding game experiences and entertainment brands that will make a difference.
- … a place which supports you to further boost your skills.
- … the opportunity to live and work in Vienna, the city which has been voted as the most livable city several times already.
- … to support the right candidate to relocate to Vienna from within Europe. You will be supported by the team regarding all the paperwork, finding a nice apartment, and generally getting settled so you feel comfortable and at home as fast as possible.
Austrian employment law requires that we list the legal minimum wage for any advertised position. For this position, the minimum monthly full-time salary would be gross € 2.979 per month, 14 times per year (IT Collective Agreement 2019, Regelstufe ST1). The actual salary and benefits package will depend on your qualifications and experience.
Perfect! If you are, we are as well! We are very happy to receive your application and we are looking forward to get to know you in person.