We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior 3D Character Artist to join our new studio in Vienna. You are responsible for crafting top-notch 3D characters for our upcoming PC and Console games. You have excellent modeling and texturing skills and the ability to translate concept art into outstanding models.
- … enjoy working with a complementary team of professional designers, artists, and programmers throughout all stages of development.
- … create character assets based on technical and artistic requirements.
- … prepare and export assets so they can be used in the game.
- … create art material for pitches and prototypes.
- … happily share your knowledge with the rest of the art team and support your fellow artists wherever you can.
- … feedback and optimize art and content workflows.
- … work closely with game designers to optimize overall player experience.
- … identify flaws in the game itself and clearly communicate them and try to solve them as professionally as possible.
- … enjoy coming to work, have fun and craft outstanding game experiences.
- … a 3D character artist with 3+ years of experience in the games industry, building character assets using Maya, ZBrush, Substance Designer/Painter, Photoshop, other tools.
- … lots of experience in hard surface modeling, digital sculpting and texture painting.
- … always aiming for a very high quality level and you are pushing your fellow team members to do so as well.
- … keen on anatomy, form, shape language, silhouette and you have a strong feeling for colors, light and shade.
- … a personality that is motivating and inspiring to work with, described as open-minded, purposeful, respectful, and highly motivated.
- … a person who has a passion for bringing new ideas to the studio, a drive for teamwork, and engagement to become a better artist over time.
- … self-motivated and you have a strong creative identity, lots of imagination, and holistic art skills.
- … highly organized and you have a very detail-oriented approach to your work.
- … extremely dedicated for crafting amazing gaming experiences for PC and Console.
- … fluent in English.
- … able to work in the EU (EU work permit).
Besides being an awesome person it would be a big plus if you also have…
- … a basic understanding of motion graphic software such as After Effects and Premier.
- … Unreal engine 4 experience.
- … experience in PBR workflow.
- … a strong interest in pop culture and all kinds of other entertainment trends.
- … experience in working with SCRUM and for you a stand-up, retrospective, or review meeting, represent an integral part of improving processes and products.
We are offering…
- … that you will become part of an incredibly experienced, talented and creative team of professional developers.
- … a competitive salary (14 times a year!)
- … 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year.
- … flexible working times that fit your needs.
- … a winning bonus package upon success.
- … an environment that lets you create outstanding game experiences and entertainment brands that will make a difference.
- … a place which supports you to further boost your skills.
- … the opportunity to live and work in Vienna, the city which has been voted as the most livable city several times already.
- … to support the right candidate to relocate to Vienna from within Europe. You will be supported by the team regarding all the paperwork, finding a nice apartment, and generally getting settled so you feel comfortable and at home as fast as possible.
Austrian employment law requires that we list the legal minimum wage for any advertised position. For this position, the minimum monthly full-time salary would be gross € 2.979 per month, 14 times per year (IT Collective Agreement 2019, Regelstufe ST1). The actual salary and benefits package will depend on your qualifications and experience.
Perfect! If you are, we are as well! We are very happy to receive your application and we are looking forward to get to know you in person.