We are looking for an experienced, talented, and highly passionate senior game designer for our new studio in beautiful Vienna. You are an expert game designer with the ability to design and craft outstanding experiences and content. You love systems design as well as transporting emotions via visual aesthetics, sound, and UX. You have a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, strong communication skills, boundless creativity, and a long-standing dedication for games and gaming culture.
- … enjoy working with a complementary team of professional designers, artists, and programmers throughout all stages of development.
- … take ownership of features and player experience and implement mechanics, design systems, create and balance content to boost the overall player experience.
- … be actively identifying problems or shortcomings in the game, provide solutions together with the team, create and maintain guidelines and specifications.
- … be the go-to person for design related questions.
- … put your hands and ideas into the game to achieve top results.
- … develop documentation, craft prototypes, and deliver final content for specific meta and micro gameplay features and systems.
- … enjoy coming to work, have fun and craft outstanding game experiences.
- … a game designer with 5+ years of development experience within the PC and Console space and you shipped at least 1 title.
- … a personality that is motivating and inspiring to work with, described as open-minded, purposeful, respectful, and highly motivated.
- … extremely dedicated for crafting amazing gaming experiences for PC and Console.
- … self-motivated and you have a strong creative identity, lots of imagination, and holistic game design skills.
- … highly organized and you have a very detail-oriented approach to your work.
- … able to write, communicate, and maintain design specs throughout the game’s life cycle.
- … following the development of the games industry, trends, competition, platforms, and market.
- … having a decent technical background and overall understanding of development and production.
- … able to work in the EU (EU work permit).
Besides being an awesome person it would be a big plus if you also have…
- … great knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and you have an aptitude for scripting and working with blueprints.
- … a strong interest in all kinds of other entertainment trends and other entertainment media.
- … experience in working with SCRUM and for you a stand-up, retrospective, or review meeting, represent an integral part of improving processes and products.
- … experience in the games as a service business model and you know how to engage players for a long time.
We are offering…
- … that you will become part of an incredibly experienced, talented and creative team of professional developers.
- … a competitive salary (14 times a year!)
- … 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year.
- … flexible working times that fit your needs.
- … a winning bonus package upon success.
- … an environment that lets you create outstanding game experiences and entertainment brands that will make a difference.
- … a place which supports you to further boost your skills.
- … the opportunity to live and work in Vienna, the city which has been voted as the most livable city several times already.
- … to support the right candidate to relocate to Vienna from within Europe. You will be supported by the team regarding all the paperwork, finding a nice apartment, and generally getting settled so you feel comfortable and at home as fast as possible.
Austrian employment law requires that we list the legal minimum wage for any advertised position. For this position, the minimum monthly full-time salary would be gross € 2.979 per month, 14 times per year (IT Collective Agreement 2019, Regelstufe ST1). The actual salary and benefits package will depend on your qualifications and experience.
Perfect! If you are, we are as well! We are very happy to receive your application and we are looking forward to get to know you in person.