At Pow Wow Entertainment, we strive to create the most compelling multiplayer gaming experience, with a strong emphasis on originality, creativity and a touch of craziness! We are passionate about our games and their potential as an entertainment brand that can inspire players and leave a long lasting mark on gaming culture! If we dream there's no reason to not dream BIG right? If you share our passion for creating unique IPs, this is your opportunity to be part of that adventure and shape the next generation of entertainment.
We are looking for an experienced senior game programmer for our new studio in beautiful Vienna. You are an engineering expert and you are able to develop gameplay features, services or tools and you are capable of identifying the technical needs of the project. You have a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, strong communication skills and a long-standing dedication for games and gaming culture.
Help develop a new rogue-lite IP from the ground up!
- ... enjoy working with a complementary team of professional designers, artists, and programmers throughout all stages of development.
- … take ownership of feature development, specify technical requirements, implement mechanics and tools you and your colleagues will use to craft our games.
- ... be actively identifying problems or shortcomings in the game’s code base, provide solutions together with the team, create and maintain guidelines and specifications.
- … be the go-to person for technical questions and take decisions along with other senior programmers to achieve the best results.
- ... work closely with game designers to optimize gameplay and overall player experience.
- … identify flaws, not only in the code, but also in the game itself and clearly communicate them and try to solve them as professionally as possible.
- ... enjoy coming to work, have fun and craft outstanding game experiences.
- … a game programmer with 5+ years of development experience within the PC and Console space and you shipped at least 1 title.
- … a proficient C++ programmer willing to become a technical reference for the team
- … experienced in Unreal Engine 4 and you feel comfortable working both with blueprints and code
- … a personality that is motivating and inspiring to work with, described as open-minded, purposeful and respectful.
- … keen on multiple programming languages and frameworks and you are not scared to jump on new technologies.
- … understanding design patterns and game architectures
- … a person who has a passion for bringing new ideas to the studio, a drive for teamwork, and engagement to become a better software engineer over time.
- ... self-motivated and you have a strong creative identity, lots of imagination, and holistic game development skills.
- … able to write, communicate, and maintain technical specs throughout the game’s life cycle.
- … able to work in the EU (EU work permit).
Besides being an awesome person it would be a big plus if you also have…
- … a strong interest in all kinds of other entertainment trends and other entertainment media.
- … experience with render pipeline, shading, art pipeline and tools, ideally in Unreal Engine 5
- … experience in working with SCRUM and for you a stand-up, retrospective, or review meeting, represent an integral part of improving processes and products.
- … experience in other fields of software development
Are you interested?
We invite you to apply for the challenge and share your passion with us! If you're interested, please send us your CV, Cover Letter, and portfolio showcasing your most recent and outstanding work. Please note that there may be a test as part of the application process.
At Pow Wow Entertianment, we value diversity and believe that our team's diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are essential in creating games that resonate with a wide range of audiences. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace where employees can thrive and feel empowered.
We welcome all applicants and evaluate each candidate based on their unique strengths, merit, and the perspectives they can bring to the role.
Austrian employment law requires that we list the legal minimum wage for any advertised position. For this position, the minimum monthly full-time salary would be gross € 3.910 per month, 14 times per year (IT Collective Agreement 2023, Erfahrungsstufe ST1). The actual salary and benefits package will depend on your qualifications and experience.