We are looking for an experienced senior game programmer for our new studio in beautiful Vienna. You are an engineering expert and you are able to develop gameplay features, services or tools and you are capable of identifying the technical needs of the project. You have a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, strong communication skills and a long-standing dedication for games and gaming culture.
- … enjoy working with a complementary team of professional designers, artists, and programmers throughout all stages of development.
- … take ownership of feature development, specify technical requirements, implement mechanics and tools you and your colleagues will use to craft your games.
- … be actively identifying problems or shortcomings in the game’s code base, provide solutions together with the team, create and maintain guidelines and specifications.
- … be the go-to person for technical questions and take decisions along with other senior programmers to achieve the best results.
- … work closely with game designers to optimize gameplay and overall player experience.
- … identify flaws, not only in the code, but also in the game itself and clearly communicate them and try to solve them as professionally as possible.
- … enjoy coming to work, have fun and craft outstanding game experiences.
- … a game programmer with 5+ years of development experience within the PC and Console space and you shipped at least 1 title.
- … a personality that is motivating and inspiring to work with, described as open-minded, purposeful andrespectfuf.
- … dedicated for crafting amazing gaming experiences for PC and Console.
- … keen on multiple programming languages and frameworks and you are not scared to jump on new technologies.
- … understanding design patterns and game architectures.
- … a person who has a passion for bringing new ideas to the studio, a drive for teamwork, and engagement to become a better software engineer over time.
- … self-motivated and you have a strong creative identity, lots of imagination, and holistic game development skills.
- … able to write, communicate, and maintain technical specs throughout the game’s life cycle.
- … able to work in the EU (EU work permit).
Besides being an awesome person it would be a big plus if you also have…
- … knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and you have an aptitude for scripting and working with blueprints.
- … a strong interest in all kinds of other entertainment trends and other entertainment media.
- … experience in working with SCRUM and for you a stand-up, retrospective, or review meeting, represent an integral part of improving processes and products.
We are offering…
- … that you will become part of an experienced, talented and creative team of professional developers.
- … a competitive salary (14 times a year!)
- … 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year.
- … flexible working times that fit your needs.
- … a winning bonus package upon success.
- … an environment that lets you create outstanding game experiences and entertainment brands that will make a difference.
- … a place which supports you to further boost your skills.
- … the opportunity to live and work in Vienna, the city which has been voted as the most livable city several times already.
- … to support the right candidate to relocate to Vienna from within Europe. You will be supported by the team regarding all the paperwork, finding a nice apartment, and generally getting settled so you feel comfortable and at home as fast as possible.
Austrian employment law requires that we list the legal minimum wage for any advertised position. For this position, the minimum monthly full-time salary would be gross € 2.979 per month, 14 times per year (IT Collective Agreement 2019, Regelstufe ST1). The actual salary and benefits package will depend on your qualifications and experience.
Perfect! If you are, we are as well! We are very happy to receive your application and we are looking forward to get to know you in person