At Pow Wow Entertainment, we strive to create the most compelling multiplayer gaming experience, with a strong emphasis on originality, creativity and a touch of craziness! We are passionate about our games and their potential as an entertainment brand that can inspire players and leave a long lasting mark on gaming culture! If we dream there's no reason to not dream BIG right? If you share our passion for creating unique IPs, this is your opportunity to be part of that adventure and shape the next generation of entertainment.
We are looking for a talented, and highly passionate Senior Level designer for our new studio in beautiful Vienna. You are a talented Level designer with the ability to craft outstanding experiences and content. You have a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, strong communication skills, boundless creativity, and a long-standing dedication for games and gaming culture.
- ....Conceptualize, design, script, direct, and build levels for video games.
- … Design and implement areas of the game including layout, character, enemies placement, and any other gameplay entities.
- ... be actively identifying problems or shortcomings in the game, provide solutions together with the team, create and maintain guidelines and specifications.
- ...Collaborate with other Level Designers and game designers to define and refine level designs to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow.
- ...Collaborate with the Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game design.
- … Create micros and macros layouts documents for the levels you will be working on.
- ...Work closely with the Art director and the art team to conceptualize impressive and exciting environments.
- … be the go-to person for Level design problems and solutions.
- ...Share knowledge and mentor junior designers
- ... put your hands and ideas into the game to achieve top results.
- ... enjoy coming to work, have fun and craft outstanding game experiences.
- … a Level designer with at least 5+ years of game development experience.
- … a personality that is motivating and inspiring to work with, described as open-minded, purposeful and respectful.
- … dedicated to crafting amazing gaming experiences for PC and Console.
- ... self-motivated and you have a strong creative identity, lots of imagination, and holistic game design skills.
- … highly organized and you have a very detail-oriented approach to your work.
- … able to write, communicate, and maintain design specs throughout the game’s life cycle.
- … having a good technical background and overall understanding of development and production.
- … able to work in the EU (EU work permit).
Besides being an awesome person you also have...
- … Strong knowledge with Unreal Engine 4.
- … Working experience with scripting languages and Blueprints.
- ...The Ability to design and conceptualize creative and interesting game levels utilizing 3D tools (UE4, Maya, Max, Hammer, Radiant or similar 3D editor)
- … A strong interest in all kinds of other entertainment trends and other entertainment media.
- ...Knowledge in cinematography and storytelling.
- ...Deep knowledge of the game development process and game production pipeline.
- ...a full understanding of the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game as well as all of the ways a player can respond to each gameplay element.
- ...Artistic background in 2D or 3D as a Bonus.
- … experience in working with SCRUM and for you a stand-up, retrospective, or review meeting, represent an integral part of improving processes and products.
We are offering...
- … that you will become part of an incredibly experienced, talented and creative team of professional developers.
- … a competitive salary (14 times a year!)
- … 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year.
- … flexible working times that fit your needs.
- … a winning bonus package upon success.
- … an environment that lets you create outstanding game experiences and entertainment brands that will make a difference.
- … a place which supports you to further boost your skills.
- … the opportunity to live and work in Vienna, the city which has been voted as the most livable city several times already.
- … to support the right candidate to relocate to Vienna from within Europe. You will be supported by the team regarding all the paperwork, finding a nice apartment, and generally getting settled so you feel comfortable and at home as fast as possible.
Austrian employment law requires that we list the legal minimum wage for any advertised position. For this position, the minimum monthly full-time salary would be gross € 2.461 per month, 14 times per year (IT Collective Agreement 2019, Regelstufe ST1). The actual salary and benefits package will depend on your qualifications and experience.