At Pow Wow Entertainment, we strive to create the most compelling multiplayer gaming experience, with a strong emphasis on originality, creativity and a touch of craziness! We are passionate about our games and their potential as an entertainment brand that can inspire players and leave a long lasting mark on gaming culture! If we dream there’s no reason to not dream BIG right? If you share our passion for creating unique IPs, this is your opportunity to be part of that adventure and shape the next generation of entertainment.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Real-Time VFX-Artist to join our new studio in Vienna. You will bring a wide range of characters and environments to life. You have excellent skills in creating high quality Particle Effects/destruction using UE4 (Niagara and Cascade)!
- … enjoy working with a complementary team of professional designers, artists, and programmers throughout all stages of development.
- … create convincing Real-Time VFX through all stages of the game development process, from Technical setup and integration to troubleshooting of VFX in a real-time game engine.
- … optimize effects to run efficiently in UE4
- … maintain high visual quality for FX creating consistently brilliant, eye catching real-time FX
- … recreate natural phenomena (fire, smoke, explosions, dust, water, weather systems) as well as create your own creative/fantastical FX
- … happily share your knowledge with the rest of the art team and support your fellow artists wherever you can.
- … feedback and optimize VFX workflows.
- … identify flaws in the game itself and clearly communicate them and try to solve them as professionally as possible.
- … enjoy coming to work, have fun and craft outstanding game experiences.
- … a VFX-Artist with 4+ years of experience in the games industry, creating high quality VFX.
- … are proficient in creating your own shaders in UE4
- … always aiming for a very high quality level and you are pushing your fellow team members to do so as well.
- … able to seamlessly jump from realistic to more stylized FX
- … a personality that is motivating and inspiring to work with, described as open-minded, purposeful, respectful, and highly motivated.
- … a person who has a passion for bringing new ideas to the studio, a drive for teamwork, and engagement to become a better animator over time.
- … self-motivated and you have a strong creative identity and lots of imagination.
- … highly organized and you have a very detail-oriented approach to your work.
- … extremely dedicated for crafting amazing gaming experiences for PC and Console.
- … able to work in the EU (EU work permit).
Besides being an awesome person it would be a big plus if you also have…
- … Chaos engine knowledge.
- … Houdini experience.
- … traditional 2D Animation knowledge.
- … experience in using Adobe Suite (Photoshop, After Effects).
- … a strong interest in pop culture and all kinds of other entertainment trends.
- … experience in working with SCRUM and for you a stand-up, retrospective, or review meeting, represent an integral part of improving processes and products.
We are offering…
- … that you will become part of an incredibly experienced, talented and creative team of professional developers.
- … a competitive salary (14 times a year!)
- … 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year.
- … flexible working times that fit your needs.
- … a winning bonus package upon success.
- … an environment that lets you create outstanding game experiences and entertainment brands that will make a difference.
- … a place which supports you to further boost your skills.
- … the opportunity to live and work in Vienna, the city which has been voted as the most livable city several times already.
- … to support the right candidate to relocate to Vienna from within Europe. You will be supported by the team regarding all the paperwork, finding a nice apartment, and generally getting settled so you feel comfortable and at home as fast as possible.
Austrian employment law requires that we list the legal minimum wage for any advertised position. For this position, the minimum monthly full-time salary would be gross € 3.501 per month, 14 times per year (IT Collective Agreement 2021, Erfahrungsstufe ST1). The actual salary and benefits package will depend on your qualifications and experience.