At Pow Wow Entertainment, we strive to create the most compelling multiplayer gaming experience, with a strong emphasis on originality, creativity and a touch of craziness! We are passionate about our games and their potential as an entertainment brand that can inspire players and leave a long lasting mark on gaming culture! If we dream there's no reason to not dream BIG right? If you share our passion for creating unique IPs, this is your opportunity to be part of that adventure and shape the next generation of entertainment.
We are looking for a technical leader for our new studio in beautiful Vienna. You are an engineering expert and you are able to define the technical direction for all the games and tools we develop at Pow Wow Entertainment. You have a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, strong communication skills and you are dedicated to become the core pillar of our programming team at the studio.
- ... enjoy working with a complementary team of professional designers, artists, and programmers throughout all stages of development.
- … prepare, plan and execute the strategy for the next console generation change
- … identify the technical needs of our projects and define the technology to fulfill them
- … mentor the programmers in the studio and enable their full potential.
- ... ensure the game is being built with the right methodology and code practices keeping in mind long term quality and potential reusability
- … work together with the Game Solution Architect to design software architecture both for our games and our framework.
- … work with external technology partners when needed
- … identify project risks and put in place the plans to solve them
- ... enjoy coming to work, have fun and craft outstanding game experiences.
- … a game engineer with at least 10+ years of development experience within the PC and Console space
- … a developer with relevant experience as Technical Director working on AAA titles on console
- … an excellent leader and communicator, able to motivate people and inspire them to achieve great results
- … a personality that is open-minded, purposeful and respectful.
- … a person with a good sense of humor and able to manage your own ego as well as others
- … keen on multiple programming languages and frameworks and you love getting into the edge of technology
- … a proficient programmer with at least 3 years of experience with Unreal Engine
- … a person who has a passion to bring fresh ideas to the studio
- … a developer that understands the relevance of each technical decision and the impact on the games quality and their scope
- … able to work well under pressure and you are someone keen to take on the challenge that this role involves.
- … able to write, communicate, and maintain technical specs throughout the game’s life cycle.
- … able to work in the EU (EU work permit).
We are offering...
- … that you will become part of an incredibly experienced, talented and creative team of professional developers.
- … a competitive salary (14 times a year!)
- … 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year.
- … flexible working times that fit your needs.
- … a winning bonus package upon success.
- … an environment that lets you create outstanding game experiences and entertainment brands that will make a difference.
- … a place which supports you to further boost your skills.
- … the opportunity to live and work in Vienna, the city which has been voted as the most livable city several times already.
- … to support the right candidate to relocate to Vienna from within Europe. You will be supported by the team regarding all the paperwork, finding a nice apartment, and generally getting settled so you feel comfortable and at home as fast as possible.
Austrian employment law requires that we list the legal minimum wage for any advertised position. For this position, the minimum monthly full-time salary would be gross € 4.114 per month, 14 times per year (IT Collective Agreement 2019, Erfahrungsstufe ST2). The actual salary and benefits package will depend on your qualifications and experience.